At Spiral Cellars, we take the usage and security of our customers’ personal data extremely seriously. Our Privacy Statement explains what types of personal data we collect about you when you interact with us and explains how we store and handle that data. It also explains how seriously we take the security of that data and the measures we go to in order to keep it safe.
For the purpose of the Data Protection legislation in the UK, the data controller is Spiral Cellars Ltd, Woodcock House, High Street, Wimbledon Village, SW19 5BY.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.spiralcellars.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided when you complete our on-line accounts form and enquiry form.
- Information you provide when you telephone, email or mail us and ask that we call, email or contact you in any way concerning a product, service or with requested information.
- Any information gathered from you during the production of a quote or specification for you.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders including details of you/your partners name, gender, billing/delivery address, orders and invoices, email and telephone number.
- Details you provide when you engage with us on social media and specifically request we contact you individually
- Information you provide when you make a purchase from or ask one of our Partners (ie. Spiral Library or Spiral Cellars Wine) to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions (further processed only with our express consent).
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you via a third party (ie. Survey Monkey) (further processed only with your express consent).
Uses made of the information
Data provided by you will be processed by us for contractual and legitimate business reasons:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you based on your enquiry
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
You can opt out of communications from us at any time by contacting us at Spiral Cellars, Woodcock House, 37 Wimbledon High Street, London, SW19 5BY. Or by emailing: email@example.com
Occasionally we may need to send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide. For example, updates to our Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders.
Do we share your personal data?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties (eg delivery companies) but we only provide them with the information they need to perform their specific services.
We may also share your personal data:
- If we sell any or all of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets. In those circumstances the data will be subject to confidentiality arrangements
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of terms and conditions of supply www.spiralcellars.co.uk/terms.html and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Spiral Cellars Ltd our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, when the third party is acting on our behalf in a partnership. An example of this would be when we use a partner company to fulfil Spiral Cellars Wine orders.
Where your personal data is shared with third parties performing services on our behalf, they are also obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will retain personal data for up to 15 years. After this point it will be securely deleted. The exception to this is if you have purchased one of our products or services in which case we will keep your data indefinitely. This is in order for us to understand your purchase history in the event of product complaint or similar.
Access to your information and correction
You have several rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to rectification
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to be forgotten
- The right to withdraw your consent
- The right to contact the ICO and the right to access your information.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information that is inaccurate, and you have the right to be forgotten by us. You also have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to some or all of your personal information, please contact us in writing at: Spiral Cellars, Woodcock House, 37 Wimbledon High Street, London, SW19 5BY. Or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP addresses and cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration.
This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Storing your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information that you provide to us via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.